ECISD Medical Plan
The ECISD Medical Plan is a self-funded group health plan that provides hospitalization, major medical and prescription drug coverage to employees and, if elected, their dependents. Two plan options are offered. One of these options is a high deductible plan that is eligible for a Health Savings Account. High - Deductible plans do not cover any expenses, other than preventive, before the deductible has been met. An In-hospital Indemnity option, intended for employees with other group coverage, is also offered. Hospitalization and major medical claims are administered by BlueCross BlueShield of Texas. The prescription drug program is administered by Express Scripts.
- ECISD Wellness Program - The ECISD Wellness for Life Program will reward you for making healthy choices, Get motivation you need to improve your health, and the education and support to make wellness a lifestyle.
Optional Medical Benefits
- AFHSA Health Saving Account - These accounts are available for eligible employees who have elected Option III, our high deductible plan. Eligible employees must enroll in a Health Savings Account (HSA) to receive the $25 per month contribution from ECISD. They can also make contributions to their account by payroll deduction. Combined contribution maximuns apply.
- Superior Vision Insurance - This coverage is vision only. Employees can elect either employee or family coverage.
- United Concordia Dental Insurance- This coverage is dental only. Employee can elect either employee or family coverage.
- American Fidelity Cancer Insurance-This supplemental cancer coverage pays for many of the costs not covered by major medical. Various riders are also available.
- American Fidelity Accident Insurance- This accident coverage pays you directly for any related medical expenses you may incur. it is also available for dependents.
- Allstate Heart & Stroke Insurance- This supplemental coverage pays for many of the heart & stroke costs not covered by your major medical. Various riders are available.
- Genworth Long Term Care- This long-term care insurance program is a for active TRS members, TRS retirees, and certain family members. Under this plan, eligible individuals may apply for completely portable long-term care insurance coverage at favorable group rates.